The City of Stafford employs one Animal Control Officer under the supervision of the Lieutenant of Office of Professional Standards. The Animal Control Officer is responsible for:
- Enforcing municipal and state laws regarding animal control
- Providing shelter and care to impounded animals
- Ensure proper registration and vaccination of animals
- Respond to animal control calls
- Investigate animal bites
- Proper disposal of animals
- Rabies testing when needed
Animal Registration and Vaccination
- All dogs and cats five (5) months of age or older are required to be licensed and registered annually. Registrations expire December 31st.
- Dogs and cats, four (4) months of age or older, must be vaccinated by a licensed veterinarian. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required before an animal can be licensed and registered.
- License tags are issued by the City Secretary's office at a cost of $2.00 per animal.
- License and vaccination tags are required to be affixed to a collar and worn by all registered animals. The vaccination tag should be clearly marked with the owner's address and phone number.
Animal Control Ordinances
The City of Stafford has approved several municipal ordinances related to animal safety. Any violation of the Animal Control Ordinances may result in a citation and fines.
- Dogs at Large: Any dog found unaccompanied and running at large will be impounded until the owner has been established and shelter fees paid.
- Dog Bites and Rabies Quarantine: Any dog that bites a person or another animal will quarantined, at the owner’s expense, for a period of 10 days.
- Dangerous Dogs: Must be kept in an enclosed area or under leash at all times. Dangerous dogs include any dog that his bitten, scratched, or attacked any person or animal which was not provoked.
For additional information, Click Here to access the City's Code of Ordinances on animals.
Download a brochure about the Animal Control Division.
Pete Ramirez - Humane Officer
- Address: 2702 South Main St. Stafford, TX 77477
- Phone: 281-261-3950
- Email: email@example.com