Residential Solid Waste
Residential Solid Waste services in the City of Stafford are provided twice a week by GFL Environmental (previously WCA Waste Corporation). Solid waste collection is determined by where you live in the city. Collection days are either Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday. Refer to the Interactive GIS Map below and enter your address to determine when Residential Solid Waste services are available to you. If are a new resident and would like to set up an account contact Fort Bend County WC&ID Number 2 at 281-499-1031. If you need any assistance, please contact GFL at 281-368-8397.
Fort Bend County Recycling Center
The City of Stafford does not currently offer recycling services. You can visit the Fort Bend County Recycling Center or call 281-633-7581.
Stormwater Management Program
View the Stormwater Management program page.
The Best Management Practices (BMP) reduce pollutants and protect water quality to the maximum extent practicable. You can learn more about stormwater runoff and view Harris County Flood Control District.
- Please have waste ready for collection no later than 7 am
- Refuse must be in bags or cans, weighing no more than 45 pounds.
- Tree branches, brush, shrubs, and fencing must be tied in bundles, weighing no more than 45 pounds, and being no longer than 4 feet in length. Branches may be no wider than 3 inches in diameter to avoid damaging equipment. For additional information, visit the Tree Limb Service page.
- No more than 1 room of carpeting. Carpeting must be bundled and weigh less than 40 pounds
- Per Federal Law, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units must be drained of all Freon and have an accompanying bill verifying Freon has been drained
Items Not Accepted
- Motor Oil
- Cooking Oil
- Waste Generated by a Private Contractor
- Hazardous or Toxic Chemicals or Materials
Items not collected will be tagged explaining the reason for non-collection.